Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Acadia Healthcare as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ACHC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.2 million.
- ACHC has traded 437,855 shares today.
- ACHC traded in a range 220.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $4.57.
- ACHC traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 14 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 14 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACHC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACHC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ACHC:
Acadia Healthcare Company, Inc. ACHC has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Acadia Healthcare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Acadia Healthcare has been 822,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Acadia Healthcare has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 15.2% with 9.38 days to cover. Shares are down 14.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Acadia Healthcare as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ACHC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 68.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ACADIA HEALTHCARE CO INC has improved earnings per share by 34.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ACADIA HEALTHCARE CO INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.63 versus $1.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.84 versus $1.63).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 76.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $14.59 million to $25.69 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 221.94% to $58.66 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ACADIA HEALTHCARE CO INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 35.30%.
- The gross profit margin for ACADIA HEALTHCARE CO INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.16% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Acadia Healthcare Ratings Report.