Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Total as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TOT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.4 million.
- TOT traded 153,310 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:30 AM, representing 15% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TOT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TOT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TOT:
TOTAL S.A., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Upstream, Refining and Chemicals, and Marketing and Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.5%. TOT has a PE ratio of 7.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Total a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Total has been 982,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Total has a market cap of $136.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 4.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Total as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TOT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $9,802.00 million or 43.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.58%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- TOTAL SA' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TOTAL SA reported lower earnings of $6.18 versus $7.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.51 versus $6.18).
- You can view the full Total Ratings Report.