Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Total as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TOT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $90.5 million.
- TOT traded 869,856 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM, representing 51.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TOT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TOT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TOT:
TOTAL S.A., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Upstream, Refining & Chemicals, and Marketing & Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.8%. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Total a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Total has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Total has a market cap of $121.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 5.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Total as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.62, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.76 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- TOT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 20.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 25.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TOTAL SA is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.81%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -12.10% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $7,354.00 million or 27.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Total Ratings Report.