Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Torchmark Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TMK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.3 million.
- TMK has traded 277,619 shares today.
- TMK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TMK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TMK NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TMK:
Torchmark Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various life and health insurance products, and annuities in the United States, Canada, and New Zealand. The company operates in three segments: Life Insurance, Health Insurance, and Annuities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. TMK has a PE ratio of 13.2.
The average volume for Torchmark Corporation has been 410,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Torchmark has a market cap of $6.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 1.7% with 3.65 days to cover. Shares are up 45.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Torchmark Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $278.52 million or 11.17% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income increased by 1.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $130.67 million to $132.12 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, TMK is up 46.71% to its most recent closing price of 75.16. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- You can view the full Torchmark Corporation Ratings Report.