Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified St Joe as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JOE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.0 million.
- JOE has traded 177,332 shares today.
- JOE traded in a range 205.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.21.
- JOE traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 15 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 15 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JOE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JOE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JOE:
The St. Joe Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a real estate development company in Florida. The company operates in five segments: Residential Real Estate; Commercial Real Estate; Resorts, Leisure, and Leasing Operations; Forestry; and Rural Land. JOE has a PE ratio of 5.7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates St Joe a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for St Joe has been 695,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. St Joe has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 44.4% with 10.89 days to cover. Shares are up 36.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates St Joe as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JOE's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 35.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 2119.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- JOE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Management & Development industry and the overall market, ST JOE CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ST JOE CO is currently very high, coming in at 86.80%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 67.83% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 15052.15% to $352.14 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ST JOE CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 60.84%.
- You can view the full St Joe Ratings Report.