Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Baidu as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BIDU has 12x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 34.74 mentions/day.
- BIDU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $729.6 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIDU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIDU NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BIDU:
Baidu, Inc. provides Internet search services in China and internationally. BIDU has a PE ratio of 4. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Baidu a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Baidu has been 4.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Baidu has a market cap of $82.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 16.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Baidu as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BIDU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 21.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- BIDU's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.67 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.83 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- BAIDU INC's earnings per share declined by 35.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BAIDU INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.01 versus $4.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($32.17 versus $6.01).
- The gross profit margin for BAIDU INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.85%. Regardless of BIDU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.22% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, BAIDU INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Baidu Ratings Report.