Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Viasat as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VSAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.1 million.
- VSAT has traded 60.104500000000001591615728102624416351318359375 options contracts today.
- VSAT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- VSAT has a PE ratio of 14.
- VSAT is mentioned 1.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- VSAT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- VSAT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- VSAT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- VSAT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- VSAT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VSAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VSAT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on VSAT:
ViaSat, Inc. provides satellite and wireless networking applications; and secure networking systems, products, and services worldwide. VSAT has a PE ratio of 14. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Viasat a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Viasat has been 267,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Viasat has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 18.7% with 13.05 days to cover. Shares are up 18.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Viasat as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 15.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 48.78% is the gross profit margin for VIASAT INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, VSAT's net profit margin of 2.80% significantly trails the industry average.
- VIASAT INC's earnings per share declined by 35.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VIASAT INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.84 versus -$0.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.31 versus $0.84).
- VSAT's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.85 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.30 is sturdy.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Viasat Ratings Report.