Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pebblebrook Hotel as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PEB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.6 million.
- PEB is making at least a new 3-day high.
- PEB has a PE ratio of 62.5.
- PEB is mentioned 1.52 times per day on StockTwits.
- PEB has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- PEB is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- PEB is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- PEB is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- PEB is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PEB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PEB NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PEB:
Pebblebrook Hotel Trust, through Pebblebrook Hotel, L.P., operates as a real estate investment trust. The company acquires and invests primarily in hotel properties located in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. PEB has a PE ratio of 62.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Pebblebrook Hotel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Pebblebrook Hotel has been 508,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pebblebrook Hotel has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 5.9% with 9.32 days to cover. Shares are up 36.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Pebblebrook Hotel as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 42.02% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- PEBBLEBROOK HOTEL TRUST reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PEBBLEBROOK HOTEL TRUST increased its bottom line by earning $0.32 versus $0.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.72 versus $0.32).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 73.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $17.42 million to $30.17 million.
- You can view the full Pebblebrook Hotel Ratings Report.