Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified MarketAxess Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MKTX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.1 million.
- MKTX has traded 38.447800000000000864019966684281826019287109375 options contracts today.
- MKTX is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MKTX has a PE ratio of 49.
- MKTX is mentioned 1.55 times per day on StockTwits.
- MKTX has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MKTX is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MKTX is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MKTX is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MKTX is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MKTX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MKTX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MKTX:
MarketAxess Holdings Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates an electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. MKTX has a PE ratio of 49. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate MarketAxess Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for MarketAxess Holdings has been 257,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. MarketAxess has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 5.1% with 8.41 days to cover. Shares are up 10.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates MarketAxess Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MKTX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MKTX has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Financial Services industry and the overall market, MARKETAXESS HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MARKETAXESS HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 54.37%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 31.95% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full MarketAxess Holdings Ratings Report.