Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified First Industrial Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.6 million.
- FR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- FR has a PE ratio of 315.7.
- FR is mentioned 0.32 times per day on StockTwits.
- FR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- FR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- FR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- FR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- FR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FR:
First Industrial Realty Trust Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It makes investments in industrial properties. The firm owns, manages, acquires, sells, develops, and redevelops industrial real estate. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. FR has a PE ratio of 315.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate First Industrial Realty a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for First Industrial Realty has been 530,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. First Industrial has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.71 and a short float of 6.7% with 9.15 days to cover. Shares are up 8.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates First Industrial Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FIRST INDL REALTY TRUST INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, FIRST INDL REALTY TRUST INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.08 versus -$0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.16 versus -$0.08).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 63.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $11.08 million to $4.03 million.
- In its most recent trading session, FR has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full First Industrial Realty Ratings Report.