Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Equity Lifestyle Properties as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ELS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.3 million.
- ELS has traded 13.4626999999999998891553332214243710041046142578125 options contracts today.
- ELS is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ELS has a PE ratio of 44.
- ELS is mentioned 1.61 times per day on StockTwits.
- ELS has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ELS is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ELS is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ELS is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ELS is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ELS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ELS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ELS:
Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. is a publicly owned real estate investment trust (REIT). The firm engages in the ownership and operation of lifestyle oriented properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. ELS has a PE ratio of 44. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Equity Lifestyle Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Equity Lifestyle Properties has been 379,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Equity Lifestyle has a market cap of $6.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.27 and a short float of 1.4% with 1.95 days to cover. Shares are up 22.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Equity Lifestyle Properties as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 40.88% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ELS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES has improved earnings per share by 10.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES increased its bottom line by earning $1.54 versus $1.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.85 versus $1.54).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 36.73% is the gross profit margin for EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, ELS's net profit margin of 17.93% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Equity Lifestyle Properties Ratings Report.