Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified EastGroup Properties as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EGP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.5 million.
- EGP has traded 0.223899999999999987920773492078296840190887451171875 options contracts today.
- EGP is making at least a new 3-day high.
- EGP has a PE ratio of 4.
- EGP is mentioned 0.39 times per day on StockTwits.
- EGP has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- EGP is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- EGP is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- EGP is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- EGP is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EGP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EGP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EGP:
EastGroup Properties, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), focuses on the development, acquisition, and operation of industrial properties in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. EGP has a PE ratio of 4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates EastGroup Properties a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for EastGroup Properties has been 188,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. EastGroup has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 5.7% with 7.56 days to cover. Shares are up 7.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates EastGroup Properties as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 39.48% is the gross profit margin for EASTGROUP PROPERTIES which we consider to be strong. Regardless of EGP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 18.66% trails the industry average.
- EASTGROUP PROPERTIES's earnings per share declined by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EASTGROUP PROPERTIES reported lower earnings of $1.48 versus $1.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.60 versus $1.48).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income has decreased by 10.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $12.72 million to $11.44 million.
- You can view the full EastGroup Properties Ratings Report.