Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hospira as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HSP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.1 million.
- HSP is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HSP has a PE ratio of 32.1.
- HSP is mentioned 1.35 times per day on StockTwits.
- HSP has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HSP is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HSP is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HSP is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HSP is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HSP:
Hospira, Inc. provides injectable pharmaceutical drugs and infusion technologies to develop, manufacture, distribute, and market products worldwide. The company operates through Americas, EMEA, and APAC segments. HSP has a PE ratio of 32.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Hospira a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Hospira has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hospira has a market cap of $10.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 3.3% with 5.32 days to cover. Shares are up 51.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Hospira as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.10, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 9100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 51.61% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HSP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 8247.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.90 million to $158.60 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1356.88% to $158.80 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HOSPIRA INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.51%.
- You can view the full Hospira Ratings Report.