Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Calavo Growers as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CVGW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.8 million.
- CVGW has traded 12.2537000000000002586375558166764676570892333984375 options contracts today.
- CVGW is making at least a new 3-day high.
- CVGW has a PE ratio of 68.
- CVGW is mentioned 1.03 times per day on StockTwits.
- CVGW has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- CVGW is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- CVGW is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- CVGW is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- CVGW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CVGW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CVGW NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CVGW:
Calavo Growers, Inc. markets, and distributes avocados, prepared avocados, and other perishable foods to food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarkets, convenience stores, and restaurants worldwide. It operates in three segments: Fresh Products, Calavo Foods, and RFG. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. CVGW has a PE ratio of 68. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Calavo Growers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Calavo Growers has been 131,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Calavo has a market cap of $954.7 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.46 and a short float of 3.9% with 3.39 days to cover. Shares are up 17.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Calavo Growers as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CALAVO GROWERS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CALAVO GROWERS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.01 versus -$0.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.91 versus -$0.01).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 445.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.55 million to $8.47 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 444.44% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 46.07% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- CVGW's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.80 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Calavo Growers Ratings Report.