Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Beneficial Bancorp as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BNCL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.9 million.
- BNCL has traded 0.61189999999999999946709294817992486059665679931640625 options contracts today.
- BNCL is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BNCL has a PE ratio of 47.
- BNCL is mentioned 0.77 times per day on StockTwits.
- BNCL has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BNCL is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BNCL is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BNCL is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BNCL is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BNCL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BNCL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BNCL:
Beneficial Bancorp, Inc. operates as a holding company for Beneficial Bank that provides consumer and commercial banking services to individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations in the greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey area. BNCL has a PE ratio of 47. Currently there are no analysts that rate Beneficial Bancorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Beneficial Bancorp has been 415,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Beneficial has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.60 and a short float of 2.8% with 6.95 days to cover. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Beneficial Bancorp as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 221.76% to $10.11 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 137.36%.
- The gross profit margin for BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 88.90%. Regardless of BNCL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.88% trails the industry average.
- BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BENEFICIAL BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.29 versus $0.22 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.9% in earnings ($0.27 versus $0.29).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry average. The net income has decreased by 4.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $5.25 million to $5.02 million.
- You can view the full Beneficial Bancorp Ratings Report.