Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Micros Systems as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MCRS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $173.9 million.
- MCRS traded 20,170 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:34 AM.
- MCRS is up 2.6% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCRS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCRS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MCRS:
MICROS Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, markets, and services enterprise applications solutions for food and beverage, hotel, and retail industries worldwide. MCRS has a PE ratio of 30.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Micros Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Micros Systems has been 965,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Micros Systems has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 11.4% with 3.22 days to cover. Shares are up 13.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Micros Systems as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MCRS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 51.81% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MCRS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MICROS SYSTEMS INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MICROS SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.12 versus $2.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.55 versus $2.12).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $75.54 million or 1.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, MICROS SYSTEMS INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 10.04%.
- You can view the full Micros Systems Ratings Report.