Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Brandywine Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BDN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.3 million.
- BDN traded 165,475 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:49 AM, representing 14.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BDN:
Brandywine Realty Trust is a publically owned real estate investment trust. The firm invests in real estate markets of the United States. It makes investments in office, mixed-use, and industrial properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. BDN has a PE ratio of 124.1. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Brandywine Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Brandywine Realty has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Brandywine has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.55 and a short float of 5.6% with 5.01 days to cover. Shares are up 15.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Brandywine Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for BRANDYWINE REALTY TRUST is rather low; currently it is at 22.67%. Regardless of BDN's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BDN's net profit margin of 1.45% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 69.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $7.12 million to $2.19 million.
- You can view the full Brandywine Realty Ratings Report.