Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Acadia Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AKR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.7 million.
- AKR traded 40,502 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:04 AM, representing 13.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AKR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AKR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AKR:
Acadia Realty Trust, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages primarily in the ownership, acquisition, redevelopment, and management of retail properties in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. AKR has a PE ratio of 35.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Acadia Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Acadia Realty has been 302,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Acadia has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.86 and a short float of 9.4% with 10.39 days to cover. Shares are up 23% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Acadia Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AKR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 238.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- ACADIA REALTY TRUST reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ACADIA REALTY TRUST increased its bottom line by earning $0.61 versus $0.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.75 versus $0.61).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 201.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $9.49 million to $28.56 million.
- The gross profit margin for ACADIA REALTY TRUST is currently very high, coming in at 78.86%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 18.61% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Acadia Realty Ratings Report.