Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Salesforce.com as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CRM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $391.1 million.
- CRM traded 14,755 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:50 AM.
- CRM is down 2.6% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CRM:
salesforce.com, inc. provides enterprise cloud computing solutions to various businesses and industries worldwide. Currently there are 22 analysts that rate Salesforce.com a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Salesforce.com has been 5.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Salesforce.com has a market cap of $31.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.30 and a short float of 76.8% with 6.89 days to cover. Shares are up 25.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Salesforce.com as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The strong earnings growth this company has enjoyed -- up -- has apparently played a role in driving up its share price by a solid 30.57%. In addition, the rise in the general market has likely contributed to this stock's strong performance during this past year.Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- SALESFORCE.COM INC has improved earnings per share by 45.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SALESFORCE.COM INC reported poor results of -$0.48 versus -$0.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.34 versus -$0.48).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, SALESFORCE.COM INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CRM's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.64 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.42 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- You can view the full Salesforce.com Ratings Report.