Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PBR.A has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $150.5 million.
- PBR.A traded 20,825 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:26 AM.
- PBR.A is down 3.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PBR.A with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PBR.A NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PBR.A:
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras operates as an integrated oil and gas company in Brazil and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. PBR.A has a PE ratio of 7.1.
The average volume for Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras has been 8.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras has a market cap of $118.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 19.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- PETROBRAS-PETROLEO BRASILIER's earnings per share declined by 43.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PETROBRAS-PETROLEO BRASILIER's EPS of $1.70 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $1.70. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.74 versus $1.70).
- The gross profit margin for PETROBRAS-PETROLEO BRASILIER is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.19%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.60% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $3,981.00 million or 46.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report.