Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Royal Bank Of Canada as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.9 million.
- RY is down 4.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RY:
Royal Bank of Canada, a diversified financial service company, provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor, and capital markets products and services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. RY has a PE ratio of 13.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Royal Bank Of Canada a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Royal Bank Of Canada has been 607,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal Bank Of Canada has a market cap of $101.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 5.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Royal Bank Of Canada as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ROYAL BANK OF CANADA has improved earnings per share by 5.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, ROYAL BANK OF CANADA increased its bottom line by earning $5.50 versus $4.96 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 71.59% to $4,693.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ROYAL BANK OF CANADA has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -89.52%.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for ROYAL BANK OF CANADA is currently very high, coming in at 75.74%. Regardless of RY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RY's net profit margin of 21.45% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Royal Bank Of Canada Ratings Report.