Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Vimicro International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VIMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.1 million.
- VIMC has traded 115,551 shares today.
- VIMC is down 5.7% today.
- VIMC was up 24.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VIMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VIMC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on VIMC:
Vimicro International Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides video surveillance solution and video processors in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and the United States. It operates through Video surveillance Product and Video Processor segments. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Vimicro International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Vimicro International has been 265,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vimicro International has a market cap of $149.1 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 242.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Vimicro International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VIMC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 116.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- VIMC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.49, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 37.83% is the gross profit margin for VIMICRO INTL CORP -ADR which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.26% trails the industry average.
- VIMICRO INTL CORP -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VIMICRO INTL CORP -ADR swung to a loss, reporting -$0.30 versus $0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.07 versus -$0.30).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, VIMICRO INTL CORP -ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Vimicro International Ratings Report.