Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pacira Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PCRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $74.7 million.
- PCRX has traded 75,748 shares today.
- PCRX is up 3.1% today.
- PCRX was down 13.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PCRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PCRX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PCRX:
Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops, commercializes, and manufactures pharmaceutical products primarily for use in hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers worldwide. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Pacira Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Pacira Pharmaceuticals has been 450,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pacira has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.63 and a short float of 19.6% with 4.88 days to cover. Shares are up 84% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Pacira Pharmaceuticals as a
. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its generally higher debt management risk.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- PCRX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.69 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.44 is sturdy.
- PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$1.93 versus -$1.73 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.14 versus -$1.93).
- The gross profit margin for PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.64%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -10.67% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 161.74% to $8.22 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -53.12%.
- You can view the full Pacira Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.