Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pacific Biosciences of California as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PACB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.2 million.
- PACB has traded 134,138 shares today.
- PACB is up 3.4% today.
- PACB was down 7.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PACB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PACB NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PACB:
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets an integrated platform for genetic analysis. The company provides single molecule real-time (SMRT) technology platform, which enables single molecule real-time detection of biological processes. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Pacific Biosciences of California a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Pacific Biosciences of California has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pacific Biosciences of California has a market cap of $852.1 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.14 and a short float of 30.8% with 5.68 days to cover. Shares are down 21.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Pacific Biosciences of California as a
. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$15.77 million or 152.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, PACIFIC BIOSCIENCES OF CALIF's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- PACB, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 32.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for PACIFIC BIOSCIENCES OF CALIF is rather high; currently it is at 53.17%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PACB's net profit margin of 13.08% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PACB has a quick ratio of 1.63, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Pacific Biosciences of California Ratings Report.