Trade-Ideas LLC identified Pacira Pharmaceuticals ( PCRX) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pacira Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PCRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.0 million.
- PCRX has traded 649,774 shares today.
- PCRX is up 3.1% today.
- PCRX was down 6.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PCRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PCRX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PCRX: Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops, commercializes, and manufactures proprietary pharmaceutical products primarily for use in hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers in the United States. PCRX has a PE ratio of 57. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Pacira Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Pacira Pharmaceuticals has been 743,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pacira has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.93 and a short float of 25.9% with 7.39 days to cover. Shares are down 34.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Pacira Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PCRX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.49, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.22, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.04 versus -$0.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.56 versus $0.04).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 143.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.80 million to -$2.50 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 32.35%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 150.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- You can view the full Pacira Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.