Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lannett Company as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.9 million.
- LCI has traded 56,146 shares today.
- LCI is up 7.9% today.
- LCI was down 10.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LCI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LCI:
Lannett Company, Inc. develops, manufactures, packages, markets, and distributes generic versions of branded pharmaceutical products in the United States. It offers solid oral, extended release, topical, and oral solution finished dosage forms of drugs that address a range of therapeutic areas. LCI has a PE ratio of 77.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Lannett Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Lannett Company has been 461,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lannett has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.69 and a short float of 1.8% with 0.74 days to cover. Shares are up 10% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Lannett Company as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LCI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 84.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- LCI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.56, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- LANNETT CO INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LANNETT CO INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.46 versus $0.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.86 versus $0.46).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 475.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.88 million to $16.57 million.
- The gross profit margin for LANNETT CO INC is rather high; currently it is at 63.31%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.60% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Lannett Company Ratings Report.