Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Idera Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IDRA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.2 million.
- IDRA has traded 128,074 shares today.
- IDRA is up 3.3% today.
- IDRA was down 21.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IDRA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IDRA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on IDRA:
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company, engages in the discovery and development of novel synthetic DNA- and RNA- based drug candidates. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Idera Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Idera Pharmaceuticals has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Idera has a market cap of $450.6 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.26 and a short float of 5.7% with 0.55 days to cover. Shares are up 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Idera Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IDRA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 14.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 133.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- IDRA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 15.89, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at -$4.67 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. Even though there was no significant change, IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's cash flow growth rate is severely below the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has decreased by 1.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$4.67 million to -$4.74 million.
- You can view the full Idera Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.