Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified BioDelivery Sciences International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BDSI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.9 million.
- BDSI has traded 442,687 shares today.
- BDSI is up 3.2% today.
- BDSI was down 6.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDSI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDSI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BDSI:
BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products principally in the areas of pain management and addiction. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate BioDelivery Sciences International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for BioDelivery Sciences International has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. BioDelivery Sciences International has a market cap of $300.1 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.48 and a short float of 30.9% with 4.58 days to cover. Shares are down 55.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates BioDelivery Sciences International as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 187.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.67 million to -$19.21 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$14.35 million or 53.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL has marginally lower results.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 67.43%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 164.28% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- BDSI, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 87.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full BioDelivery Sciences International Ratings Report.