Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified WD-40 as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WDFC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.0 million.
- WDFC has traded 313 shares today.
- WDFC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WDFC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WDFC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WDFC:
WD-40 Company develops and sells maintenance products, and homecare and cleaning products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. WDFC has a PE ratio of 33. Currently there are no analysts that rate WD-40 a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for WD-40 has been 92,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. WD-40 has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.60 and a short float of 6.2% with 7.93 days to cover. Shares are up 9.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates WD-40 as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- WD-40 CO has improved earnings per share by 23.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WD-40 CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.04 versus $2.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.46 versus $3.04).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Household Products industry average. The net income increased by 20.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $11.33 million to $13.67 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.84, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.05, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for WD-40 CO is rather high; currently it is at 56.34%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.45% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full WD-40 Ratings Report.