Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Targa Resources Partners as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NGLS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.2 million.
- NGLS has traded 3,126 shares today.
- NGLS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NGLS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NGLS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NGLS:
Targa Resources Partners LP is engaged in the ownership, operation, acquisition, and development of midstream energy assets in the United States. The company operates through two divisions, Gathering and Processing, and Logistics and Marketing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.7%. NGLS has a PE ratio of 36.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Targa Resources Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Targa Resources Partners has been 283,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Targa has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 1.4% with 5.19 days to cover. Shares are up 26.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Targa Resources Partners as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NGLS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 68.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 214.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $38.90 million to $122.40 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 84.27% to $316.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.91%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 387.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.51% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Targa Resources Partners Ratings Report.