Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sigma-Aldrich as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SIAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.4 million.
- SIAL has traded 8,881 shares today.
- SIAL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIAL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SIAL:
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, a life science and high technology company, develops, manufactures, purchases, and distributes various chemicals, biochemicals, and equipment worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. SIAL has a PE ratio of 23.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sigma-Aldrich a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Sigma-Aldrich has been 544,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sigma-Aldrich has a market cap of $11.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 4.1% with 8.19 days to cover. Shares are up 4.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Sigma-Aldrich as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Chemicals industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 3.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $122.00 million to $126.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SIAL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.06, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.05 versus $3.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.37 versus $4.05).
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Ratings Report.