Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sealed Air as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SEE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $71.2 million.
- SEE has traded 2,750 shares today.
- SEE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SEE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SEE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SEE:
Sealed Air Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides food safety and security, facility hygiene, and product protection solutions worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Food Care, Diversey Care, and Product Care. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. SEE has a PE ratio of 74.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Sealed Air a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Sealed Air has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sealed Air has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are down 4.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Sealed Air as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SEALED AIR CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SEALED AIR CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.43 versus -$8.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.55 versus $0.43).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 35.11% is the gross profit margin for SEALED AIR CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SEE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.37% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Containers & Packaging industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 117.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$158.30 million to $27.60 million.
- Although SEE's debt-to-equity ratio of 3.17 is very high, it is currently less than that of the industry average. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, SEE maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.84, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Sealed Air Ratings Report.