Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified RLJ Lodging as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RLJ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.9 million.
- RLJ has traded 9,238 shares today.
- RLJ is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RLJ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RLJ NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RLJ:
RLJ Lodging Trust is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm also manages real estate funds. It invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The firm primarily invests in premium-branded, focused service, and compact full-service hotels. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. RLJ has a PE ratio of 30.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate RLJ Lodging a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for RLJ Lodging has been 574,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. RLJ has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 2.3% with 3.24 days to cover. Shares are up 9.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates RLJ Lodging as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RLJ's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- RLJ LODGING TRUST reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, RLJ LODGING TRUST increased its bottom line by earning $0.87 versus $0.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.01 versus $0.87).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 99.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.73 million to $27.45 million.
- You can view the full RLJ Lodging Ratings Report.