Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Mylan as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MYL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $217.2 million.
- MYL has traded 72,606 shares today.
- MYL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MYL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MYL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MYL:
Mylan Inc., a pharmaceutical company, develops, licenses, manufactures, markets, and distributes generic, branded generic, and specialty pharmaceuticals worldwide. It operates in two segments, Generics and Specialty. MYL has a PE ratio of 24.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Mylan a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Mylan has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mylan has a market cap of $20.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.62 and a short float of 7% with 6.50 days to cover. Shares are up 29.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Mylan as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 215.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.48% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- MYLAN INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MYLAN INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.58 versus $1.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.56 versus $1.58).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 214.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $158.91 million to $499.10 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, MYLAN INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Mylan Ratings Report.