Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hilltop Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HTH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.9 million.
- HTH has traded 370,925 shares today.
- HTH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HTH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HTH NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HTH:
Hilltop Holdings Inc. operates as a holding company for PlainsCapital Bank that provides business and consumer banking services in Texas. HTH has a PE ratio of 19.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Hilltop Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Hilltop Holdings has been 446,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hilltop has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.18 and a short float of 5.6% with 5.47 days to cover. Shares are up 66.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Hilltop Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HTH's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 555.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 914.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$4.05 million to $32.96 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 3898.28% to $448.01 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HILLTOP HOLDINGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -26.65%.
- HILLTOP HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HILLTOP HOLDINGS INC's EPS of -$0.12 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of -$0.12. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.32 versus -$0.12).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 614.28% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 57.04% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Hilltop Holdings Ratings Report.