Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Grupo Televisa SAB as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.8 million.
- TV has traded 500 shares today.
- TV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TV NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TV:
Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. operates as a media company in the Spanish-speaking world. The company operates through four segments: Content, Sky, Telecommunications, and Other Businesses. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Grupo Televisa SAB a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Grupo Televisa SAB has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Grupo Televisa SAB has a market cap of $22.6 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 15.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Grupo Televisa SAB as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 45.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $65.40 million to $95.34 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 192.40% to $1,255.16 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GRUPO TELEVISA SAB has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 15.14%.
- The gross profit margin for GRUPO TELEVISA SAB is rather high; currently it is at 58.38%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.31% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Grupo Televisa SAB Ratings Report.