Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Flowserve Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FLS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.7 million.
- FLS has traded 813,633 shares today.
- FLS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FLS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FLS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FLS:
Flowserve Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, distribution, and service of industrial flow management equipment. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. FLS has a PE ratio of 20.1. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Flowserve Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Flowserve Corporation has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Flowserve has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.75 and a short float of 2.6% with 3.80 days to cover. Shares are up 28.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Flowserve Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 27.27% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 44.54% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FLS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- FLOWSERVE CORP has improved earnings per share by 27.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FLOWSERVE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.86 versus $2.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.39 versus $2.86).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Machinery industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 12.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $107.32 million to $120.39 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, FLOWSERVE CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Flowserve Corporation Ratings Report.