Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Fiserv as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FISV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $106.0 million.
- FISV has traded 536,150 shares today.
- FISV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FISV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FISV NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FISV:
Fiserv, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides financial services technology worldwide. FISV has a PE ratio of 22.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Fiserv a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Fiserv has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Fiserv has a market cap of $16.8 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.69 days to cover. Shares are up 18.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Fiserv as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FISERV INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FISERV INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.45 versus $2.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.37 versus $2.45).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income increased by 50.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $159.00 million to $239.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for FISERV INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.18%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.92% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $390.00 million or 39.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.41%.
- You can view the full Fiserv Ratings Report.