Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified EQT Midstream Partners as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EQM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.0 million.
- EQM has traded 2,726 shares today.
- EQM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EQM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EQM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EQM:
EQT Midstream Partners, LP provides natural gas transmission, storage, and gathering services in southwestern Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia. It owns, operates, acquires, and develops midstream assets in the Appalachian Basin. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. EQM has a PE ratio of 32.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate EQT Midstream Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for EQT Midstream Partners has been 204,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. EQT Midstream has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 34.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates EQT Midstream Partners as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 41.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 30.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $26.79 million to $34.86 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.35 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- EQT MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EQT MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP reported lower earnings of $2.35 versus $2.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.07 versus $2.35).
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 60.65% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- You can view the full EQT Midstream Partners Ratings Report.