Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Charles River Laboratories International In as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.0 million.
- CRL has traded 3,145 shares today.
- CRL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CRL:
Charles River Laboratories International, Inc., an early-stage contract research company, provides drug discovery and preclinical development services worldwide. CRL has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Charles River Laboratories International In a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Charles River Laboratories International In has been 381,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Charles River Laboratories International In has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.84 and a short float of 3.6% with 6.11 days to cover. Shares are up 8.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Charles River Laboratories International In as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- CHARLES RIVER LABS INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CHARLES RIVER LABS INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.16 versus $2.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.39 versus $3.16).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry average. The net income increased by 17.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $31.54 million to $37.14 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Charles River Laboratories International In Ratings Report.