Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CBOE Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CBOE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.6 million.
- CBOE has traded 917,498 shares today.
- CBOE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBOE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBOE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CBOE:
CBOE Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates markets for the trading of listed derivatives. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. CBOE has a PE ratio of 26.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate CBOE Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for CBOE Holdings has been 536,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. CBOE has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.67 and a short float of 2.3% with 4.27 days to cover. Shares are up 73.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates CBOE Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $55.50 million or 2.53% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, CBOE is up 71.84% to its most recent closing price of 50.54. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- CBOE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.61, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full CBOE Holdings Ratings Report.