Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Canadian National Railway as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CNI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.4 million.
- CNI has traded 494,056 shares today.
- CNI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CNI:
Canadian National Railway Company, together with its subsidiaries, engages in rail and related transportation business in North America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. CNI has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Canadian National Railway a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Canadian National Railway has been 469,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian National Railway has a market cap of $42.4 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are up 11.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Canadian National Railway as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CNI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY CO has improved earnings per share by 17.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY CO increased its bottom line by earning $6.12 versus $5.41 in the prior year.
- 48.46% is the gross profit margin for CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.89% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 13.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $631.00 million to $717.00 million.
- You can view the full Canadian National Railway Ratings Report.