Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Atmos Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ATO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.7 million.
- ATO has traded 8,062 shares today.
- ATO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ATO:
Atmos Energy Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the distribution, transmission, and storage of natural gas in the United States. It operates in three segments: Natural Gas Distribution, Regulated Transmission and Storage, and Nonregulated. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. ATO has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Atmos Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Atmos Energy has been 838,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Atmos Energy has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.39 and a short float of 0.6% with 0.77 days to cover. Shares are up 11.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Atmos Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ATO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- ATMOS ENERGY CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ATMOS ENERGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.52 versus $2.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.75 versus $2.52).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $34.30 million or 14.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.14%.
- You can view the full Atmos Energy Ratings Report.