Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Advent Software as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ADVS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.1 million.
- ADVS has traded 11,233 shares today.
- ADVS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADVS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADVS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ADVS:
Advent Software, Inc. provides software products and services for automating and integrating data and work flows across the investment management organization, as well as between the investment management organization and external parties worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. ADVS has a PE ratio of 42.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Advent Software a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Advent Software has been 535,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Advent Software has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 3.3% with 1.35 days to cover. Shares are up 22% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Advent Software as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has experienced relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Software industry average. The net income increased by 22.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $9.81 million to $11.98 million.
- ADVS's revenue growth trails the industry average of 26.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ADVENT SOFTWARE INC is currently very high, coming in at 74.37%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.10% trails the industry average.
- ADVENT SOFTWARE INC has improved earnings per share by 22.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ADVENT SOFTWARE INC reported lower earnings of $0.53 versus $0.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.43 versus $0.53).
- In its most recent trading session, ADVS has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- You can view the full Advent Software Ratings Report.