NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The share price of TIGERLOGIC CORP has not done very well: it is down 8.43% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.28 million or 1181.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, TIGERLOGIC CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has decreased by 22.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$0.64 million to -$0.78 million.
- TIGERLOGIC CORP's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, TIGERLOGIC CORP reported poor results of -$0.12 versus -$0.06 in the prior year.
TigerLogic Corporation engages in the design, development, sale, and support of software infrastructure, Internet search enhancement tools, and a social media content aggregation platform in North America, the United Kingdom, France, and Germany. TigerLogic has a market cap of $106.9 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are down 26.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our