Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tiffany as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TIF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $79.5 million.
- TIF traded 95,511 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:24 AM, representing 10.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TIF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TIF NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TIF:
Tiffany & Co., through its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and retails jewelry worldwide. The company operates through Americas, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Europe, and Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. TIF has a PE ratio of 24.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Tiffany a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Tiffany has been 962,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tiffany has a market cap of $10.4 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.72 and a short float of 3.1% with 3.71 days to cover. Shares are up 41.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Tiffany as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.11, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for TIFFANY & CO is rather high; currently it is at 62.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.53% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 88.46% to $117.80 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TIFFANY & CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.35%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 33.10% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Tiffany Ratings Report.