Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Teleflex as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TFX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.3 million.
- TFX has traded 51.70150000000000289901436190120875835418701171875 options contracts today.
- TFX is making at least a new 3-day high.
- TFX has a PE ratio of 33.
- TFX is mentioned 0.87 times per day on StockTwits.
- TFX has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- TFX is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- TFX is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- TFX is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- TFX is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TFX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TFX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TFX:
Teleflex Incorporated designs, develops, manufactures, and supplies single-use medical devices for common diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in critical care and surgical applications worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. TFX has a PE ratio of 33. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Teleflex a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Teleflex has been 317,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Teleflex has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 8.2% with 13.11 days to cover. Shares are up 20.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Teleflex as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 30.09% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- TELEFLEX INC has improved earnings per share by 7.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TELEFLEX INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.09 versus $3.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.25 versus $4.09).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 9.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $34.96 million to $38.35 million.
- The gross profit margin for TELEFLEX INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.93% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $41.23 million or 27.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.96%.
- You can view the full Teleflex Ratings Report.