Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Teleflex as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TFX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.2 million.
- TFX has traded 161,670 shares today.
- TFX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TFX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TFX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TFX:
Teleflex Incorporated designs, develops, manufactures, and supplies single-use medical devices for common diagnostic and therapeutic procedures worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. TFX has a PE ratio of 27.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Teleflex a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Teleflex has been 262,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Teleflex has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 7.1% with 10.88 days to cover. Shares are up 34.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Teleflex as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 114.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $21.74 million to $46.57 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 52.39% to $78.65 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TELEFLEX INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -58.50%.
- The gross profit margin for TELEFLEX INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.38%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.25% trails the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.53, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that TFX's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.39 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Teleflex Ratings Report.