Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a weak on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Teekay Tankers as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TNK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.4 million.
- TNK has traded 234,602 shares today.
- TNK is trading at 3.62 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TNK is trading at a new low 4.07% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TNK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TNK NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TNK:
Teekay Tankers Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the marine transportation of crude oil and refined petroleum products worldwide. It owns and operates crude oil and product tankers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. TNK has a PE ratio of 8.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Teekay Tankers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Teekay Tankers has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Teekay Tankers has a market cap of $398.7 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are up 6.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Teekay Tankers as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TNK's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 89.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.44 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 3.07, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $4.97 million or 15.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, TEEKAY TANKERS LTD has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Teekay Tankers Ratings Report.