Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Team Health Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TMH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.5 million.
- TMH has traded 399,816 shares today.
- TMH traded in a range 285% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.84.
- TMH traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 26 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 26 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TMH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TMH NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TMH:
Team Health Holdings, Inc. provides outsourced healthcare professional staffing and administrative services to hospitals and other healthcare providers in the United States. TMH has a PE ratio of 44. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Team Health Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Team Health Holdings has been 547,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Team Health has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 3.8% with 4.34 days to cover. Shares are up 5.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Team Health Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- TEAM HEALTH HOLDINGS INC's earnings per share declined by 7.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TEAM HEALTH HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.35 versus $1.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.71 versus $1.35).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, TEAM HEALTH HOLDINGS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was trading a year ago, TMH's share price has not changed very much due to (a) the relatively weak year-over-year performance of the overall market, (b) the company's stagnant earnings, and (c) other mixed results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for TEAM HEALTH HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 18.58%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.29% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Team Health Holdings Ratings Report.